About Me

I love designing jewelry. I think about it. I dream it. I see a design from various angles. I see its potential. Yet, the ultimte joy is holding it in my hands once its finished.

Friday, September 3, 2010

Discover Women NETWORKING SERIES 9/2/10

It went ok. I met a few interesting people, was able to discuss a little bit of what I do. I got a free interview, and the opportunity to discuss my business.  The interview is to be posted sometime next week. I'll add the weblink and video when they have it ready. I was generally very nervous during the interview, so I do not think it was great. I had a little difficulty breaking ice - due to my inherent shyness, but the statement necklace I designed for this event received much attention, and was a great help in that department - so all was not lost!


Part of the reason I was a little out of circle is that the person who was supposed to go with me (ahem, if you're reading this)  abandoned ship Wednesday night. I went with my mother, who fixes up nicely, but speaks no English... so she couldn't be much help, other than to showcase another bold statement necklace. Here's a couple of pictures --of myself -- my mother's camera shy! If I decide to go again when they host this again, I think it may go better, since I already met some of the people.  Other faces will be familiar, so I can approach them with much more ease.

In the meantime, I am open to suggestions and tips to improve my networking skills!




Thanks,


Clarivel Campa


Allure Jewels by CC


http://www.etsy.com/shop/allurejewelsbycc

No comments:

Post a Comment